We take our responsibilities for safeguarding children and young people very seriously and follow the agreed London Child Protection procedures rigorously. All staff are trained annually; all staff have clearance to work with children. We have clear procedures in place to report any concerns. We also teach our learners to keep themselves safe, both within the school grounds and in the wider world. We work closely with parents and multi-agency support team (MAST) to ensure that there is clarity and understanding of our procedures in relation to child protection.
The ever changing world of technology creates opportunities, along with challenges for our young people and we ensure that our pupils are confident in safely using technology. Children at Swiss Cottage use the Internet on a regular basis as part of their learning. At home, many children are often given unsupervised access to the Internet. This, potentially, allows them to access all kinds of society (both good and bad) and bring them into their homes.
e-Safety Protecting Your Child Online
- CSCB – Camden Safeguarding Children Board
- Think U Know – containing internet safety advice for those aged from 5 to 16, along with parents and teachers, this site is produced by CEOP (the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).
- Internet Safety Zone – Look in the ‘Under 13s’ section for useful safety advice and information.
- Kidsmart – An award-winning internet safety programme for children.
- Know IT All – lots of useful advice for keeping yourselves and your children safe on the Internet
- Safer Internet Day 2015