Assistant Principal – Lower School
Start Date: September 2021 with induction dates at the end of July
Swiss Cottage School, Development and Research Centre is a special needs school in the London Borough of Camden. The school has 260 pupils across all key stages aged 2 to 19. Our pupils are identified with complex needs reflecting the four broad areas of need. The school embraces the diversity through five curricular pathways within an integrated provision.
We are committed to providing the highest standards of education through a professional learning community model for evidence-informed practice. Our school is focused on positive relationships and embraces a multi-agency provision which places the pupil and their family at the core of everything we aim to do. It is underpinned with a commitment to recognising the potential of our pupils for their holisitic development. We are a Centre of Excellence working closely with key partners for the wider inclusion priorities of children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND).
Following the career progression of our current Assistant Principal for Lower School, the school is seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Leader who is passionate about Inclusion, SEN/D, and Strategic Leadership. The appointed Assistant Principal will hold a pivotal role in the next chapter of our strategy following developments from the global COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on our school provision.
We strongly advise interested applicants view the candidate pack and access our virtual briefing to understand our core philosophies and the current priorities that will shape all that we embark on for our community.
Start Date: 1st September 2020
19th April – 23rd April: Virtual briefing with the Principal
26th April: Tour available in line with government guidelines for social distancing
30th April 1pm: Closing date for applications
30th April: Shortlisting and References in advance
4th – 7th May: Interview Process (involving tasks, panel interview including governors)
We are a school that is focused on your wellbeing and workload balance so that you can thrive in your role with the support of our wonderful school community.
What can we offer you as a senior leader?
- A school which values you as a professional and commits to your wellbeing
- Five curricular pathways designed around the holistic needs of our pupils
- A ‘Learning Culture’ that is enabled through a school structure that promotes daily engagement in professional discussions, planning, and reflective analysis
- Professional Learning Community school design to promote joint planning and research across all classes for deeper school improvement
- Explicit systems to support workload balance alongside monitoring and evaluation systems
- Clear formative assessment system using a tech innovation which directly links to all moderation, annual review, and summative assessment systems
- Every teacher is allocated a Leadership Mentor to strengthen reflections, multi-agency working, parental partnership, and outcomes for pupils
- Formal partnerships with key organisations to promote the strategic leadership role within and beyond our school
- Reflecting the values of our school: positive attitude, respect, and integrity
- Passion for creating positive climates for learning across our school
- Commitment to working in partnership with colleagues, families, and specialists
- Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs through experience in the classroom
- Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs through completion of relevant courses and training, demonstrating a commitment to continued professional development and learning (CPDL)
- Qualified Teacher Status and engagement in Senior Leadership Team qualifications (such as the National Professional Qualification for Senior Leaders NPQSL or equivalent)
- Further study, research, or qualifications in the area of SEN and Disability
Useful information: www.swisscottage.camden.sch.uk
For an application pack please visit our website www.swisscottage.camden.sch.uk or contact the school by email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this post then please contact Human Resources on email@example.com.
Salary: Inner London Leadership Scale 9-12
Closing Date: 30 April 2021, 1.00pm
Swiss Cottage School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions will be subject to five years of satisfactory references and DBS checks.