Start Date: September 2022
We are a special needs school in the London Borough of Camden for pupils with complex special educational needs aged 4 to 19.
We are a values-led school that is focused on your wellbeing and workload balance so that you can thrive in your role with the support of our wonderful school community.
What can we offer?
- A school which values you as a professional and commits to your wellbeing
- Five curricular pathways designed around the holistic needs of our pupils
- Daily time with the teaching assistants, peers, and external therapists for planning, reflection, training, and professional discussions (everyday 8:30-9:15 in addition to your PPA time)
- Professional Learning Community, known as NESTs of teachers and TAs, which support joint planning, cross-class projects and initiatives
- Simple system for short- and medium-term planning
- Simple formative assessment system using technology which directly links to all moderation, annual review, and summative assessment systems
- Allocated Leadership Mentor to support induction, reflections, multi-agency working, parental partnership, moderation of assessment and annual review processes
- In-house CPDL programme for all staff and on-site mentor for our Early Career Teachers
- Reflecting the values of our school: positive attitude, respect, and integrity
- Passion for creating positive climates for learning and inclusion
- Commitment to working in partnership with colleagues, families, and specialists
- Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs through experience in the classroom
- Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs through completion of relevant courses and training, demonstrating a commitment to continued professional development and learning (CPDL)
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Further study, research, or qualifications in the area of SEN and Disability
Useful information under ‘Learning’:
Contact the school HR team on email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 02076818080.
Salary: Inner London Main Scale + 1 SEN Point
Closing Date: 31 August 2022, 4.15pm
Swiss Cottage School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions will be subject to five years of satisfactory references and DBS checks.