Classroom Teacher – 1 Year Maternity Cover
Start Date: September 2021 with induction dates at the end of July
We are recruiting four teachers for one-year maternity cover classroom teaching roles. At the end of the 2022 academic year there may also be opportunities to progress to a full contract due to our school’s growing provision.
We are a school that is focused on your wellbeing and workload balance so that you can thrive in your role with the support of our wonderful school community.
What can we offer you as a teacher?
- A school which values you as a professional and commits to your wellbeing
- Five curricular pathways designed around the holistic needs of our pupils
- Daily time with the teaching assistants, peers, and external therapists for planning, reflection, training, and professional discussions (everyday 8:30-9:15 in addition to your PPA time)
- Professional Learning Community, known as NESTs of teachers and TAs, which support joint planning, cross-class projects and initiatives
- Clear system for short and medium term planning
- Clear formative assessment system using a tech innovation which directly links to all moderation, annual review, and summative assessment systems
- Allocated Teacher Mentor to support your reflections, pedagogical approaches, leadership of TAs, and assessment
- Allocated Leadership Mentor to support induction, reflections, multi-agency working, parental partnership, moderation of assessment and annual review processes
- Potential opportunities to stay in our school community after the maternity cover year
Swiss Cottage School, Development and Research Centre is a special needs school in the London Borough of Camden. We have 260 amazing pupils aged 2 to 19 identified with complex needs. Our pupils have layered needs, and their profiles include Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties, Moderate Learning Difficulties, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Communication Disorders, Social, Emotional, Mental Health Priorities, Genetic Disorders, and/or Multi-Sensory Priorities. We are committed to providing an outstanding standard of education through meaningful research which informs our teaching and learning approaches.
We have five bespoke curricular pathways which promote holistic development through two core pillars: Cognition and Communication. Our school is focused on positive relationships, and embraces multi-agency planning which places the pupil and their family at the core of everything we aim to do. Positive attitude and effective communication which enables teamwork is fundamental. As a Centre of Excellence, we can offer you a school community which is committed to research, innovation and development through our professional learning community ethos.
- Reflecting the values of our school: positive attitude, respect, and integrity
- Passion for creating positive climates for learning
- Commitment to working in partnership with colleagues, families, and specialists
- Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs through experience in the classroom
- Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs through completion of relevant courses and training, demonstrating a commitment to continued professional development and learning (CPDL)
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Further study, research, or qualifications in the area of SEN and Disability
Useful information under ‘Learning’: www.swisscottage.camden.sch.uk
Virtual briefing session with our Principal: 19th – 22nd April 2021-book in advance via firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Week of 26th April 2021
References will be sought in advance
For an application pack please follow the link below or contact the school by email email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding this post then please contact Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: Inner London Main Scale + 1 SEN Point
Closing Date: 23 April 2021, 4.00pm
Swiss Cottage School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions will be subject to five years of satisfactory references and DBS checks.