Start Date: ASAP
We are recruiting for a classroom teacher to join our special needs school.
The profile of the class groups reflects the Cognition and Learning areas of Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties / Severe Learning Difficulties.
We are a school that is focused on your wellbeing and workload balance so that you can thrive in your role with the support of our wonderful school community.
What can we offer ?
- A school which values you as a professional and commits to your wellbeing
- Five curricular pathways designed around the holistic needs of our pupils
- Daily time with the teaching assistants, peers, and external therapists for planning, reflection, training, and professional discussions (everyday 8:30-9:15 in addition to your PPA time)
- Professional Learning Community, known as NESTs of teachers and TAs, which support joint planning, cross-class projects and initiatives
- Clear system for short and medium term planning
- Clear formative assessment system using a tech innovation which directly links to all moderation, annual review, and summative assessment systems
- Allocated Leadership Mentor to support induction, reflections, multi-agency working, parental partnership, moderation of assessment and annual review processes
Swiss Cottage School, Development and Research Centre is a special needs school in the London Borough of Camden. We have 260 amazing pupils aged 2 to 19 identified with complex needs. We are committed to providing an outstanding standard of education through meaningful research which informs our teaching and learning approaches. We have six consecutive Outstanding Ofsted Inspection outcomes.
- Reflecting the values of our school: Inclusive, Nurturing, Inspiring
- Passion for creating positive climates for learning
- Commitment to working in partnership with colleagues, families, and specialists
- Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs through experience in the classroom
- Knowledge and understanding of special educational needs through completion of relevant courses and training, demonstrating a commitment to continued professional development and learning (CPDL)
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Further study, research, or qualifications in the area of SEN and Disability
Useful information under ‘Learning’: https://swisscottage.camden.sch.uk/learning/curriculum
Contact the school HR team on email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 02076818080 for a school tour with the Senior Leadership Team.
Salary: Inner London Main Scale + 1 SEN Point
Closing Date: 25 September 2022, 11.00pm
Swiss Cottage School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions will be subject to five years of satisfactory references and DBS checks.