Dear Parents, Carers, and Families
We are writing to inform you that a staff member at our school has tested positive for COVID-19. We were informed during the weekend and worked closely with the Public Health England’s London Coronavirus Response Cell.
The staff member is part of a class team within the Green Bubble Zone. We have tracked the staff and pupils that have come into direct or proximity contact with this member of staff. The decision from the London Coronavirus Response Cell is confirmation that the staff and pupils within the Green Bubble Zone will need to go into self-isolation. We have already contacted each family and staff member. We are supporting them as the pupils go into self-isolation and access the Virtual School.
We know that you may find this concerning and want to assure you that we are monitoring the situation. Please continue to monitor your child and family for symptoms. The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
A summary of our safety measures is located on the school website here: https://swisscottage.camden.sch.uk/our-school/september-2020-school-safety-measures/
The school is increasing measures for pupils that are brought to school by their parent or carer.
- We already have a system in place that has allocated times for each bubble.
- Social distancing markings are also in place outside the school gates with orange cones and inside the gates with the yellow markings;
- Face coverings are currently required to enter the gate;
- Transport vehicle gate is not used for walk-in entry;
The additional measures that will start today will help us ensure the queue and wait is for one bubble group.
- From today, parents/carers will need to wait until the school staff confirm that a specific bubble colour is ready for the drop off and pick up process. It will be linked to the transport buses arrival for that bubble. Please do not walk past us to enter the gate.
- Any parent/carer that is late and misses their bubble entry will need to wait outside until the staff member confirms re-entry. This is to ensure there is no mixing of bubbles.
Thank you for supporting us as you adjust to the changes with the national lockdown. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact reception on 02076818080 or email email@example.com.
Vijita Patel Rebecca Shaw
Principal Vice Principal