Dear Parents, Carers, and Families,
We hope this finds you well. The letter explaining your child’s transition schedule back to school with their original class groups was posted to your home address. It also included a letter from the Camden Community Consultants to support families seeking vaccinations with their GP. This letter will share information on safety measures, asymptomatic (lateral flow) testing, and vaccinations.
We are keeping our safety measures in place to protect our vulnerable school community.
- Every class is within a bubble zone.
- There is no movement across bubbles.
- Resources are not shared across classes.
- Playground access is on a schedule so that only one class is using it.
- The lunchtime schedule is also on a ROTA to limit classes crossing.
- Two classes do not work together unless they are in the Post-16 provision (Pink Bubble) due to the vocational learning timetable.
- Learning is not taking place in the community.
- The building has markings to ensure 2m social distancing by staff for pupils.
- There is a one-way system on hallways and staircases.
- PPE is available for all staff daily (face masks, visors, aprons, gloves).
- Antibacterial gel, wipes, spray in every classroom and office.
- Antibacterial gel stations throughout the school.
- Staff required to wear face coverings in all communal areas (hallways, dining areas, outdoor playground).
- We have a contract for daily additional hygiene cleans on top of our regular cleaning schedule.
- There are no visitors to the school unless authorised by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Meetings (internally and externally) take place via Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
- Camden Local Authority transport is in bubble groups.
- There is a staggered arrival and departure to ensure bubbles do not cross.
- Parents/carers bringing pupils to school have a specific bubble time. They are all required to wear a face mask. If they arrive late they have to wait until all bubbles have entered so that we do not have pupils crossing bubbles.
- Asymptomatic testing (lateral flow testing) is twice weekly before the school day begins for all class-based staff through home test kits. Staff that are not part of the class team get on-site testing upon arrival to school.
- Access to the priority group vaccination programme: we now have 74% of staff vaccinated with their first vaccination.
Asymptomatic Testing (Lateral Flow Testing):
Pupils do not access asymptomatic testing at the school.
The Department for Education confirmed that secondary aged pupils that are aged 11 to 19 can access home test kits for asymptomatic testing. This is a swab test that can identify asymptomatic COVID-19 cases. This is also extended to the parents and adults in your child’s home.
The Department for Education confirmed the booking process for this today.
You can book a collection or delivery of asymptomatic testing kits through this link: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
A positive test result does not mean it is a positive result for COVID-19 coronavirus. If you complete a home test for your secondary aged child and they test positive, contact the school and we can guide you on the next steps. You would need to register the positive result on NHS Track and Trace in order to book a full PCR Test at a test site.
It is excellent to hear that parents are accessing priority group vaccinations. Our Parent Governor Maria Schultz has offered her support if you are finding any challenges with this. Maria has a direct link with Camden Healthwatch and can support you. Please contact her via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mobile (07626 671 523). We are very fortunate to have her support.
We appreciate everything you are doing in preparation for the full return to the school over the next week. Thank you for the ongoing support and ideas.
School Business Manager
Assistant Principal (Lower School)
Assistant Principal (Upper School)
Assistant Principal (Pastoral)