A warm welcome at the start of the new academic year. We are so excited to welcome your child to the school tomorrow, Friday, 3rd September. Our teams have worked hard to prepare the classroom and school provision during our training days this week.
Your experiences in the community over the summer reflect the government’s Step 4 in the pandemic response. The move from required safety measures to recommendations means many of the measures required for schools have ended. There are no longer bubbles in schools and this means many safety measures we valued such as Camden’s decision to provide bubble specific transport have also ended.
We have the following safety measures in place to ensure our community is protected:
- All staff will wear face masks/face coverings in communal areas (hallways, etc).
- PPE will be available to all staff (disposable face masks, visors, disposable aprons/gloves).
- Antibacterial gel stations remain across the school, with antibacterial gel in every classroom and office.
- All classrooms have a sink for regular handwashing.
- Social distancing signage remains in place across our school so that teams continue to socially distance and teach this important life skill to pupils.
- Over the first 3 weeks we will have no visitors at the school.
- All staff continue with lateral flow testing (asymptomatic testing) twice weekly.
- Our classes are in ‘zones’ that are similar to the original bubbles. This will allow us to respond to any cases within the new guidance to schools known as ‘Outbreak Contingency’.
- We will only book absence cover staff that are vaccinated and take a lateral flow test.
We have created the school timetable carefully so that classes can safely access specialist spaces such as sensory rooms and the drama studio. We have plans in place so that groups of classes can work together safely within their zones. We will monitor the Camden and London COVID-19 rates alongside any cases in school during these first 3 weeks. At that point we will confirm plans for community-based learning.
Families that access Local Authority transport will receive the travel times directly from the Local Authority transport provider. Families that bring their child to school: we have reduced this to 3 times to manage this safely based on the zones for each class. Please wear a face mask. The social distancing marking is there as a guidance if you cannot wear one and need to socially distance in the queue. Wait in the queue and a member of staff will come to collect your child from you. Please do not go past reception.
9:15am / 3:15pm: Dragonfly, Caterpillar, Ladybird, Lotus, Buttercup, Rose, Violet, Orchid, Snowdrop
9:20am / 3:20pm: Iris, Lily, Poppy, Primrose, Jasmine, Blossom
9:30am / 3:30pm: Upper School Classes
We look forward to welcoming you tomorrow, and the partnership ahead as we launch this new academic year together.