Dear Parents, Carers, and Families,
We met as a Parent Council with Vijita, Becky, and Mia on Wednesday, 24th November. A number of topics were discussed, and we are sharing updates with all families on the Parent Whatsapp Group and Camden Special Parents Forum.
Swiss Cottage School Parents WhatsApp group
This is to remind everyone that there is a WhatsApp group specifically for Swiss Cottage families.
It should be noted that this is a parents and carers only group. It does not have any members of staff from the school. It was set up by parents for parents. Anyone who has a child at the school is welcome to join it.
The main aims of the group are to:
Support each other
Discuss useful ideas
Signpost to events and activities for disabled children
Have an easy way of contacting one another
Offering tips and advice on specific everyday issues you might have with your child.
A couple of points it should not be used for:
• The group should not be used as a platform to air views regarding a Teacher/Teaching Assistant, child or parent in a class or the school.
• The group should not be seen as a platform for airing opinions on the current news.
If you are new to our school or not on the group and would like to join - please send a text message to Maria (Parent of Alex) on mobile 07826 671 523 with your name and the name of your child and you will be added to the group.
Camden Special Parents Forum
This is a great resource for all parents and carers of disabled children in Camden. It is not run by the school or council. Almost every local authority across the country has a Parent Carer forum.
They run regular meetings where parents can share information, support each other and meet key professionals from the local authority. The forum is also a great source of information for local events and a chance to join in consultations and get your voice heard by Camden services. Furthermore they offer free parent workshops throughout the term on subjects parents have told them they are interested in. Being a member of the forum is a great way of being connected to the wider SEND community in Camden. If you want to hear more about it and find out how to become a free member of the forum, contact Maria via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Schultz – Parent Council Member and Parent Governor
• 6th December 2021: Flu Vaccinations are taking place at the school. If you have any questions please use the home-school book or contact reception on 02076818080.
• The Senior Leadership Team will be outlining information on the Home School communication book and Evidence for Learning in the 3rd December 2021 newsletter.
• The school creates Winter and Christmas Cards through the pathway art lessons and these are available to purchase to support the School Charity as a pupil fundraising project. The information on this year’s card designs and purchasing will be shared next week alongside our plans for a safe Winter Festival for the pupils through the curriculum and cross-class activities.
Reminder of Term Dates: https://swisscottage.camden.sch.uk/parents/termdates
Last Day of Term: Friday, 17th December 2021
Winter Holidays: Monday, 20th December to Monday, 3rd January 2022
First Day of Spring Term: Tuesday, 4th January 2022