We have received two updates due to the current rise in COVID-19 cases across Camden, London and nationally.
1) Contact tracing up to Tuesday, 21st December 2021
We will inform you if a member of staff in your child’s class or timetable tests positive for COVID-19 through a PCR Test result up to 21st December. If this happens your child would have to self-isolate and get tested. If your child develops symptoms and tests positive, please inform the school so that we can also inform the staff they worked with. Our building and reception close on Friday at 5pm so you will need to tell us through email. Please list your child’s name, class, date of symptoms, and date of PCR test result.
2) Home Testing through Rapid Lateral Flow Test Kit
Your child will come home today with an envelope that contains this letter and a ‘rapid lateral flow home test kit’. This is a test that is used if there are no symptoms of COVID-19. Our staff complete this test twice a week.
The government and Camden Local Authority recommend that all pupils in schools complete a lateral flow test before returning to school in January and across the first two weeks of the spring term. Your child returns to school after the holidays on Tuesday, 4th January 2022.
We know that testing is difficult for pupils at this school. If your child is able to tolerate the test please complete a lateral flow test on the following days:
- Monday, 3rd January 2022 (register positive results via email on email@example.com by 4pm because the school building is closed on that day)
- Thursday, 6th January 2022
- Monday, 10th January 2022
- Thursday, 13th January 2022
If your child has a positive test result: please inform the school and keep your child at home and book a PCR test for your child. The test kit also provides directions on how to submit the test result into the NHS system. This is a summary from the NHS website on lateral flow tests:
- About 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 do not have symptoms but can still infect others.
- Rapid lateral flow tests help to check if someone has COVID-19.
- If people test positive and self-isolate, it helps stop the virus spreading.
- Research shows rapid tests are a reliable test for COVID-19. They give a quick result and do not need to be sent to a lab.
There is more information available here with access to order additional kits: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/regular-rapid-coronavirus-tests-if-you-do-not-have-symptoms/
We understand that pupils at this school may not be able to take the test. We are providing this so that you have access to a test kit if you decide to complete this for your child at home. If your child is not in school on 16th or 17th December, please check the website link for a local pick up location or to order home delivery of a free test kit. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions.