Happy New Year and we are looking forward to welcoming your child back to school tomorrow for the first day of the Spring Term.
The news is highlighting the rise in COVID-19 cases across London due to the spread of the omicron variant.
1. We have the following safety measures in place:
- During Week 1 and Week 2 every class will become a bubble. This means learning will remain in the classroom environment. Cross-class lessons and pathway assemblies will be virtual for the two weeks.
- All staff will continue to wear face masks or face coverings in all communal areas outside of the classroom.
- All staff will continue to complete twice weekly asymptomatic testing through the lateral flow test kit.
- Classrooms continue to have fresh air ventilation with access to regular handwashing.
- Additional mid-day cleaning continues daily across the school.
2. We want to avoid any class moving into the virtual school unless it is necessary due to a high number of cases in a class team leading to staffing issues.
- The companies we use for daily cover of absences do not have staff available so we are working carefully to plan cover options.
- We currently have staff in self-isolation for COVID-19.
- We also have staff in self-isolation due to a positive lateral flow test as they wait for a PCR test. This is due to shortages in London of PCR tests.
3. Please help by completing a lateral flow test for your child today if they are aged 5-19.
- The test kit we sent home during the last week of term contains a nose swab that does not need to be used in the throat.
- If your child tests positive they should not come to school and need to self-isolate and take a PCR test.
4. If your child has any of these symptoms, please ensure they self-isolate and book them for a PCR test through this link: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test.
The three symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- A high temperature
- A new continuous cough
- A loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell
If there are any adjustments to your child's timetable your teacher will inform you Tuesday afternoon. Thank you for working closely with us, and for your patience as we settle into the first week of the Spring Term with the current numbers of COVID-19 across London.