Dear Parents, Carers, and Families,
Good afternoon, and we hope this finds you well and safe. We are sharing an update of the positive cases confirmed today. On Friday, we provided an update on the 20 cases across our school community over the first two weeks with direct contacts in school. We received confirmation of 9 additional positive cases over the weekend and this morning (6 pupils and 3 members of staff). We are monitoring this situation with Public Health England and have agreed class specific measures with the Public Health England risk assessment process:
- 4 classes are in remote virtual learning: Ladybird (4 positive cases in total), Lotus (3 positive cases in total), Dragonfly (3 positive cases in total), and Frida Kahlo (1 case with 3 self-isolation absences).
- 7 classes were advised to complete daily lateral flow testing for pupils at home
Protective measures remain in place in all school and early years’ settings, including practising good hygiene, ventilation, and regular Covid-19 lateral flow testing to keep staff and pupils safe and minimise risk. But as we have seen a rise of cases in classes we were advised by the local Public Health Department to put extra measures in place across the school, which included
- Daily lateral flow tests for 98 staff who were confirmed as direct contacts of cases
- Making the class its own ‘bubble’
- Reintroducing our ‘bubble zones’ – 7 across the school for timetabling and cover of absences
- Change in the specialist timetable – allocating each specialist to a specific bubble
- Stopping group activities including assemblies (taking place virtually)
- Temporary measures with playtime and lunchtime to keep the class within the bubble measure in order to reduce pupils’ mixing to reduce risk of further transmission
- Stopping all visitors to the school building unless an urgent professional visit (example: social services)
Please be alert for the symptoms of coronavirus which are:
- A high temperature
- A new continuous cough
- A loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell
If your child develops ANY of the three main symptoms of COVID-19, please do not send them in and please let us know immediately. We will be able to support you with all of the next steps.
Lateral flow testing is highly effective to identify the virus when symptoms are not present and can be ordered through this link: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
Please let us know if you have any questions.
|Vijita Patel||Rebecca Shaw||Mia Dodsworth|
|Principal||Vice Principal||Vice Principal|