We hope this finds you well. Our school works closely with universities to support the training programme for future teachers. This week we had 17 mainstream trainee teachers at the school for a one week placement within a special school. They were part of classes across all 5 pathways within the Lower School and Upper School. The trainee teachers completed a project during their placement and presented their learning this morning to our teachers. It was fantastic to hear their observations. Here are a few of their reflections:
- The knowledge of the pupils across every team member encouraged pupils to learn through the positive relationships and understanding of positive motivators.
- The different types of communication approaches across the classes are used consistently to ensure engagement in learning, and independence in the next step of learning. This was observed with PECS, Makaton, Now-Next Boards, AAC Ipads, Eye Gaze, Switches, and more.
- Pupils are supported to reflect and think through the important role of consistent strategies, routines, and structures. They have agency and
- The Sixth Form pupils running the General Store and Breakfast Provision for all of the other classes prepares them for the transition into adulthood, and make them the role models for their peers.
- The range of teaching approaches and calm, positive classroom environments foster both meaningful learning that celebrates the small steps of progress.
- They shared how they would use the approaches for teaching and learning into their mainstream primary classrooms because it ensures the high expectations they observed across every class.
15th and 16th March National Strikes: The National Education Union teachers strike is scheduled for both days (15th and 16th March). The majority of our teachers and groups of support staff are expected to strike and not be in school. We will be open to a smaller cohort of pupils with no curriculum or school timetable unless the indiviudal class teacher is in school. We will provide information to all families on Monday, 13th March 2023. The Transport for London tube strikes are also confirmed for 15th March, and the National Rail strikes on 16th March 2023.
SEND Parents Day 24th March: Camden Parents Forum and SENDIASS are holding a full day event for parents. The event involves a number of speakers and the opportunity to meet with other parents. The flyer is included in the newsletter so that you can book a free place for this event. Rob from our school’s Family Inclusion Team will drive a group of parents through the school minibus (15 spaces available). Please contact the school to book this with Rob.
The Senior Leadership Team
Assistant Principal (Lower School)
Assistant Principal (Upper School)
Assistant Principal (Transitions / School Improvement)
Assistant Principal (Pastoral)
School Business Manager
Click here to download a printable version of this newsletter
Spring Term 2023
Tuesday 3rd January to Friday 31st March 2023
Summer Term 2023
Monday 17th April to Friday 21st July 2023
Autumn Term 2023
Monday 4th September to Thursday 21st December 2023
Spring Term 2024
Monday 8th January to Thursday 28th March 2024
Summer Term 2024
Monday 15th April to Wednesday 24th July 2024