Swiss Cottage School Development and Research Centre are pleased to announce that we have been rated as ‘Outstanding’ for a sixth time in a row. We are 1 of 8 schools in the country to have six consecutive Outstanding Ofsted Inspections, and the only school in London.
Here is our celebration:
Ofsted inspectors judged pupils’ achievement, quality of teaching, children’s behaviour and safety and leadership and management to all be outstanding but more specifically that “there is no doubt that staff are committed to recognising the individuality of each pupil, working together, creating opportunities and celebrating success. You all live the school’s vision daily.”
Here are some of the inspection findings:
- The school promotes the importance of respect and tolerance for all pupils and staff, who come from a range of cultures and backgrounds.
- The strong teamwork among staff supports highly effective planning of lessons and personalised plans that are linked to pupils’ education, health and care plans.
- Staff development is continuous and paramount to the school’s work.
- As a research centre, you ensure that the school makes every effort to improve its practices, listen to the views and research ideas of staff and empower them to investigate and try out new ideas.
- The school has exceptionally robust methods for safeguarding the welfare of pupils.
- The curriculum models are extremely well planned and they meet the differing needs and age ranges of pupils very well. Each model is carefully linked to internal and external research and evaluation.
- The curriculum is innovative, varied and stimulating.
- Students receive a good grounding on keeping safe as part of the process of becoming more independent. For example, themes on relationships, keeping safe online and using technology such as mobile phones, alert them to potential dangers and behaving responsibly.