Dear Parents and Carers,
The school is currently closed and will remain closed due to the high number of staff in self-isolation within NHS guidelines. This letter is providing you with an update on our interim plans to support learning in the home environment. On 12th March 2020 you received an initial set of resources to support a potential school closure.
Our current plan for home learning:
1) You will receive an email from your class teacher between 9:30-10:00am for the rest of this week (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday).
2) This email will explain home learning in different ways:
a) The use of ‘Evidence for Learning’ to share short videos and resources
b) The use of a protected school ‘YouTube’ site to share videos
c) A list of websites for online learning and web-based personalised resources
d) A list of activities to engage your child in structured activities
3) Teachers will be available to answer teaching and learning questions by email between 10:00am and 3:30pm this week.
4) Classes that have a teacher absent with illness/self-isolation will get an update from another leader in the school.
5) We will write to you on Friday to confirm the home learning planning based on any updates from the government.
Our plan for communication:
1) We currently have a significant number of teachers and support staff absent related to illness and self-isolation.
2) Communication from the school will be via email and text. The Parent Governors and the Parent Council Chair are going to include this in the range of communication methods you currently have as a network of parents.
3) The communication will give updates on our status and key information that is coming from Camden Local Authority, the Department for Education, and the NHS.
4) The teachers will communicate via email. We cannot hold full class group video calls. This is why we will utilise Evidence for Learning and the school’s protected YouTube channel.
5) We will not do home visits because of increasing guidance from the government on ‘social distancing’.
We are in discussions with Camden Local Authority to support planning for pupils who gain a ‘Free School Meal’ daily. A letter will go directly to those families. We are also working with social services for pupils that have an allocated social worker. If anybody needs support from social services please call 02033172201. The team are aware of our closure.
The government have provided the following link with advice on social distancing for the most vulnerable which includes our pupils: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people. This interim home learning plan will be reviewed when the government or Department for Education provide any additional guidance to schools. We hope this supports you during this school closure.
Vijita Patel Becky Shaw Monika Gaweda Laura Fawcett Matt Maguire
Principal Vice Principal Head of School Assistant Head Lower Assistant Head Upper