Our School ‘Vision’
Our culture and ethos are supported by our ‘School Values’
Our School Mission
- We have 260 pupils at Swiss Cottage School.
- There are 15 classes in the Lower School and 15 classes in the Upper School.
- There are five pathways for our school curriculum:
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- Informal Curriculum
- Semi-Formal Curriculum
- Formal Curriculum
- 16-19 Curriculum
Meet our Leadership Team here: https://swisscottage.camden.sch.uk/our-school/our-staff/
Meet our Class and Specialist Teachers here: https://swisscottage.camden.sch.uk/our-school/ourteachers/
Communication between home and school is through the home-school communication book and also by phone, text, and email. The school reception phone number is 02076818080. Teachers and teaching teams are preparing for the day between 8:30-9:30 and engaging your child in learning between 9:30-3:30. The teacher will pick up emails and phone messages at 4:00-4:30 daily.
School newsletter will be every fortnight. It will be located on the school website and will be sent to you via email and text.
Term Dates & Information
Autumn Term 2020
Wednesday 2nd September to Friday 18th December 2020
Wednesday 2nd September 2020: Staff training day – no school for pupils Thursday 3rd September 2020: Staff training day – no school for pupils Friday 4th September 2020: First day for pupils
Friday 23rd October 2020: Staff training day – no school for pupils
Half-Term: Monday 26th October to Friday 30th October 2020
Friday 18th December 2020: Last day for pupils
Winter Holiday: Monday 21st December 2020 to Friday 1st January 2021
Spring Term 2021
Monday 4th January to Wednesday 31st March 2021
Friday 29th January 2021: Staff training day – no school for pupils
Half-Term: Monday 15th February to Friday 19th February 2021 Wednesday 31st March 2021: Last day for pupils
Spring Holiday: Thursday 1st April to Friday 16th April 2021
Summer Term 2021
Monday 19th April to Friday 23rd July 2021
Monday 7th June 2021: Staff training day – no school for pupils
May Day Bank Holiday: Monday 3rd May 2021 – no school for pupils
Half-Term: Monday 31st May to Friday 4th June 2021
Friday 23rd July: Last day for pupils
Pupil Information Sheet
The attached envelope includes the pupil information we hold for you in our secure system. Please check this information and complete the media consent form.
Return any changes in the envelope with the home school communication book by Wednesday, 9th September 2020.
Our School: Bubble ‘Zones’ and Safety Measures
We have created 11 Bubble Zones across the school.
Every Bubble Zone has:
- a designated leader
- a designated First Aid trained member of staff
- additional cleaning cycles
- allocated pupil and staff toilets inside the Zone
Every Class inside the ‘Bubble Zone’ has:
- classroom sink for regular handwashing
- antibacterial soap, antibacterial spray, antibacterial gel
- access to disposable face masks, gloves, and aprons
- a specific dining zone for lunch
- a specific playground area with their own timeslot
- commitment to keeping the class team
- cross class working through our new computer system
As a school we have:
- A new set of increased cleaning cycles
- A zone for the NHS therapists, NHS nurses, CAMHS professionals that work with our pupils.
- No visitors, no events, no workshops in the school building
- No meetings in the school building
- Antibacterial stations throughout all four floors
What if a pupil, staff, or member of household develops symptoms of COVID-19?
The school is following the Camden protocol. It is a very clear process that involves isolating the pupil or member of staff and supporting them to go to a NHS test site immediately. We would have an additional hygiene cycle on the day. We would inform the rest of the class and Bubble Zone if there was a positive result. This means we would not have to close the school unless there as a local lockdown.
How do I find my closest NHS test site or book a NHS test?
This is the government website to locate test sites and to book a test: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-a-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/
Please use this to check where your local test site is. If you want any support from us you can let us know at any time.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a member of the Family Inclusion Team on 02076818080.