Dear Parents, Carers, and Families,
We hope this finds you well and safe during the holiday period. There are a number of updates in the news about the government’s safety measures as they try to control the spread of the new variant of the COVID-19 coronavirus. This included updates about the government’s plans for schools.
- The government has confirmed primary schools in 22 boroughs in London are closed until a full opening from 18th January 2021 due to high numbers of COVID-19 cases.
- The government has confirmed that Camden is 1 of the 9 boroughs in London that has a full opening from next week for primary schools.
- The government has confirmed that Camden secondary schools will have a later return and this matches all secondary schools across the country. This means they are opening gradually with a full opening from 18th January 2021.
- The government has confirmed that special schools return full time from next week.
This means Swiss Cottage School is open and the first day for pupils is 5th January 2021.
We need your help to plan a safe return to the school building. We have created a survey asking you for key information. Please complete this electronic survey on Sunday, 3rd January 2021: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/3rdJan21FamilySurvey/. The questions are located at the end of this letter so that you are aware of what you will be asked. It is very important that we have this information to ensure a safe return if every child’s update is received. Prioritise this survey on Sunday, 3rd January between 9am – 2pm.
If you have travelled abroad over the holidays, you need to be aware of the updates on the government guidance for foreign travel: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
London moved into Tier 4 restrictions on 20th December 2020. The details on Tier 4 safety measures from the government are located here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-4-stay-at-home
We responded to 6 positive cases for the Swiss Cottage School community between 19th December and 24th December 2020. We worked with the Camden & Islington Public Health Team and London Coronavirus Response Cell for each of these positive cases:
- 3 staff members tested positive for COVID-19 in the Purple Bubble: all families and staff who needed to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms were contacted
- 1 pupil tested positive for COVID-19 in the Purple Bubble: all families and staff who needed to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms were contacted
- 2 Camden Transport team members tested positive for COVID-19: 9 families were contacted to inform them of self-isolation and monitoring of symptoms.
Sunday, 3rd January: You will receive a text a link to the survey reminding you to complete this by 2pm. We need this information from every family in order for your child to return to school safely.
Monday, 4th January: You will receive a letter from the school with information about the first day of school and our preparations for mass testing on site.
5th January 2021: First day for pupils back at school.
We thank you in advance for supporting us as we work together to protect this community.
|Vijita Patel||Rebecca Shaw|
This will be sent to you by text to complete on 3rd January between 9am – 2pm.