This fantastic inclusive event showcases how ZSL meet needs and access requirements of all our visitors. It includes a wide range of bespoke activities, and facilities tailored to create a hugely enjoyable day for young people with special educational needs and disabilities and their families.
Special Children’s Day is a unique annual event at ZSL London Zoo welcoming children with special needs and their families and friends. With increased specialist facilities and number of staff, as well as special interactive events and discounted entry, Special Children’s Day is an exciting and exceptional event not to be missed.
This runs during Saturday 16th May & Sunday 17th May 2015, and the Zoo opens at 10am.
· A Very Special Welcome: Pick up your Special Children’s Day day-planner and exclusive discount voucher. There are friendly zoo characters to meet and The Dixie Swing Band too! Staff & Volunteers will be at hand to assist you as your fun day gets underway!
· Singing Hands: Meet Suzanne & Tracy in person as they introduce you to the amazing world of animals through Makaton themed signs, songs, rhymes, stories and games. Shows are free and run throughout the day
· Wildlife Gardening: Plant a seed to take back with you and grow at home, or build a mini-beast hotel to attract wildlife into gardens
· Sensory Storytelling: Interactive stories about the natural world. Shows are free and run throughout the day and all are welcome!
· The ‘Discovery Zone’: Includes hands-on activities and a chill out zone, meet live animals and discover all about the natural world
· Animal LIVE! talks: Our amazing talks will be accompanied by British Sign Language interpreters throughout the weekend
· Animal Adventure: Meet some of our fantastic animals and Keepers, get close up and hands on in the ‘Touch Paddock’, or play in the splash zone, secret garden and tunnels.
· Arts & Craft Zone: Make your own badge or get creative with our resident artists
· New for 2015 – In with the Lemurs: a brand new walk-through enclosure
· New for 2015 – Barclays Digital Eagles: Details to be confirmed….!
· Additional friendly staff and volunteers on hand to assist
· Additional facilities, including hoists, accessible toilet units & respite areas for families
· Dedicated first aid & lost children’s post with qualified staff
· Charity Hub: an onsite hub where charities will be on hand to offer guidance, advise and networking opportunities for families
· Free all day parking for blue badge holders in the main ZSL car park