Dear Parents and Carers,
We continue to monitor the situation for this school community very closely with our Governing Body. London currently has 407 confirmed cases of Coronavirus. Camden has 22 confirmed cases.
Today was similar to Friday
- We had 31 members of staff absent. This was due to illness and/or self-isolation.
- The agency companies we use that have specialist SEN trained staff for our daily absences are facing the same challenge as last week. There is nobody available for cover.
- Teams across the school have once again problem solved the situation very carefully to cover absences today.
- We have provided a detailed update to Camden Local Authority.
- The government has not announced any plans for school closure.
All of our staff use the NHS and Public Health England guidelines to determine if they can be at work. Many of our staff live outside of Camden and rely on public transport for their journey to work. Our staffing is critical to ensuring our pupils are in a safe learning environment with specialist trained staff.
We will inform you if the school is open or closed once our daily absences are registered and we assess the options. This will be by text at approximately 7:30am. We know how challenging school closure can be and would never take this decision lightly.
Thank you for the support you have provided us as we manage this rapidly changing situation with the Coronavirus.
Vijita Patel Peter Sprinz
Principal Chair of Governors