Dear Parents and Carers,
The school is currently open. The government increased the status from ‘containment’ to ‘delay’ phase with the coronavirus pandemic. At the time of writing this letter, there are 136 confirmed coronavirus cases in London and 11 confirmed cases in Camden.
Today, we had 30 members of staff absent today with illness. The agency companies we use that have specialist SEN trained staff for our daily absences have informed us that their own supply staff are also absent with illness. We have never had that situation for covering absences. Teams across the school have worked very carefully to cover absences today.
We are working with class teams to be ready if a school closure is confirmed by the government or with our Local Authority. The purpose of any closure would be a measure to prevent the spread of coronavirus. We are writing to you today to provide you with information on how we would support your child’s education if the school was closed by the government.
If the school was closed:
- You would be informed by text and email.
- The class teacher would email you daily to provide a recommendation of learning activities.
- Learning would include videos that are located on ‘Evidence for Learning’ and resources that could be made through our online software (example: ‘Choose It Maker’ resources). This is because in the event of a closure, teachers will be preparing work through online systems.
- There would be no home visits because the purpose of the closure is to stop/prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
- There would be daily updates on the status of the school.
We are sending home an interim pack today in case a decision is made by the government over the weekend. We are continuing to monitor the situation closely and communicating with Camden Local Authority.
We hope to be open on Monday and will ensure you are aware if there are any changes.
Vijita Patel Peter Sprinz
Principal Chair of Governors