Welcome to our school
Welcome to Swiss Cottage School, Development and Research Centre. We are a maintained special school in the London Borough of Camden. Our school provision meets the needs of learners with complex layered needs. This includes learners with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties, Moderate Learning Difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Communication Disorders, Sensory Needs, Physical Needs, and/or Social, Emotional Mental Health Needs.
We are a Teaching School, leading an alliance of schools and professional partners who are working collaboratively to promote innovation and research in a range of areas including pedagogy, technology, and teacher training.
We are a positive learning community working together to unlock potential. The values that shape our school ethos are respect, integrity, and positive attitude for all.
Recognising individuality | Working together | Creating opportunities | Celebrating success
Our aims as an organisation are within this vision. It reflects:
- our conviction to advocate for a personalised model of education which recognises and develops the whole individual.
- our determination at developing a provision that will be truly integrated across a range of specialists.
- our commitment to ensuring the SEND Legislation is truly in action: placing parents, families, children and young people at the heart of their decision-making.
- our relentless motivation to create meaningful opportunities internally, locally and regionally which will enable our learners to transition into the wider community successfully with purpose.
- our recognition of the potential of what our children and young people ‘can do’ and the celebration of each success.
Take a step into our school: