Welcome to our school
Welcome to Swiss Cottage School, Development and Research Centre. We are a maintained special school in the London Borough of Camden. Our school provision meets the needs of learners with complex layered needs. This includes learners with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties, Moderate Learning Difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Communication Disorders, Sensory Needs, Physical Needs, and/or Social, Emotional Mental Health Needs.
We are a Teaching School, leading an alliance of schools and professional partners who are working collaboratively to promote innovation and research in a range of areas including pedagogy, technology, and teacher training.
We are a positive learning community working together to unlock potential. The values that shape our school ethos are respect, integrity, and positive attitude for all.
Our school vision is to be:
- A leader in our field, recognised across the UK and beyond as a Centre of Excellence
- Innovative and forward thinking – a real learning organisation for all its people
- A place with a highly developed positive culture, which supports excellence for all
- Inclusive, so that every person’s needs are met- adult and child
- Well resourced, so that provision and outcomes are not compromised
- Regularly involved in self-evaluation, in order to further improve our performance
- Research based, with learning and development at our core
Take a step into our school: